Monday, July 9, 2007

Froggie Rain Boots

These are Malsy's favorite shoes. This pair of boots has traveled many more places then we have had rainy days. She sleeps in them and I have to say they do go very well with Dora night gowns. This simple pair of boots help Mallorie to display her personality for the world to see. Often she snubs the brightly colored Stride Rite sneakers in lieu of her lovable boots. I have to say they symbolize something for me as well. When Mal's brother and sisters were little, I NEVER would have let them wear these boots unless it was raining and they coordinated very well with the perfectly matching outfit they were wearing at the time. Now, I simply grin with pride at the independent soul that is marching down the sidewalk in her green frog boots, mini skirt, and tangled hair that has not seen a pony tail holder in ages. I know the older kiddos are well balanced and theoretically did not suffer because they did not have green frog boots. (I do remember Devin wearing shorts and cowboy boots to the grocery store once.) I still wish I had let them be freer in spirit. Hmmmm, I wonder exactly what sizes these boots come in......

2 comments:

Janet said...

I love it that you are doing a blog. I will be checking it daily!!! No pressure to have to post daily though.

love you!!! and I love the green boots too.

Rhonda said...

I love those boots! And I see no reason why she shouldn't wear them with her Dora pajamas. Too funny :)